Universal Music Group today announced a series of executive appointments in Greater China and throughout Asia, signaling a significant expansion of UMG's financial, marketing and policy infrastructure. to maximize creative and commercial opportunities in these markets. The appointments are:
* Aaron Wang has been appointed Chief Financial Officer for Greater China and will oversee all financial operations in Greater China. He will be based in Beijing and will report to Sunny Chang, Chief Executive Officer of UMG Greater China, and Boyd Muir, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer of Universal Music Group. He joined Sony Pictures Entertainment, where he was Chief Financial Officer of Greater China, and previously held positions at Yake Trading Co., Sequel AG and A American Express.
* Tracy Mu has been appointed chief financial officer of Universal Music China. Mu will report to Wang and Garand Wu, general manager of Universal Music China, and join UMG of international technology company Dolby Industries, where she spent 11 years, most recently as chief financial officer at APAC.
* Yvonne Yuen has been appointed Senior Vice President of Marketing for Greater China. Previously, she was Senior Vice President of Global Marketing at UMG in Southeast Asia and will remain based in Hong Kong under Chang.
* Elvin Eng has been appointed Chief Financial Officer of UMG for the South East Asia Region. He is attached to Muir and is based in Singapore. Former Vice President of Finance for UMG, Asia Region, Mr. Eng will oversee financial operations and strategy for the markets of Southeast Asia, including Korea.
* Ang Kwee Tiang (aka KT Ang) has been appointed to the newly created position of Executive Vice President, Asia Public Policy, with immediate effect. Mr. Ang joined UMG after joining IFPI, the world's largest recorded music business, where he has been Regional Director for Asia-Pacific since 2013.
With more than 25 years of experience in the Asian music industry, Ang, a lawyer by training, has also served as CISAC Regional Director for the Asia-Pacific region.
Reporting to UMG Vice President of Public Affairs, Eric Berman, Ang will be based in Hong Kong and will work in all markets in the region, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Indonesia, the United Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and South Korea. , India, Japan and Vietnam.
Adam Granite, Executive Vice President, Market Development, Universal Music Group, said, "To maximize growth opportunities in these dynamic and rapidly changing markets, we have expanded and strengthened our management teams in Greater China and New Zealand. Asia will ensure that UMG remains at the forefront of industry change and innovation, recruits new talent and welcomes new platforms and new audiences, while the company's core business is focused on innovation and innovation. Adoption of streaming via legal services continues to advance the growing music economy in the region. "
<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Ayelet Schiffman Named Senior Vice President and Head of Promotion for Island Records"data-reactid =" 29 "> Ayelet Schiffman appointed Senior Vice President, Promotion Manager for Island Records
<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Republic Records Promotes Joseph Carozza to Executive Vice President of Media & amp; Artists Relations"data-reactid =" 30 "> Republic Records Promotes Joseph Carozza to Executive Vice President of Media Relations and Artists
<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Republic Records Promotes Jonathan Briggs to Vice President of Commerce"data-reactid =" 31 "> Republic Records Promotes Jonathan Briggs to Vice President of Commerce
<p class = "canvas-atom web-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Subscribe to Newsletters and alerts by e-mail!"data-reactid =" 32 "> Subscribe to variety newsletters and e-mail alerts!