Our client is seeking to recruit an experience Finance Manager to hold a key position within the Finance Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the core functions of the department. The primary role is the preparation and reporting of accurate and timely management accounts and the supervision of the work of a small finance team.
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support and work closely with the Business Development Director to provide accurate, timely and informative financial information and to the Directors
- To manage and mentor the Finance Team
Financial Management and Control
- Timely and accurate preparation of regular Management Accounts for 3 companies in the group
- Cash flow management, including invoicing financing
- Managing of financial processes, recommending and implementing improvements
- Management and preparation of Sales Invoicing and Credit Control
- Management of payroll including supervision of the weekly and monthly payroll
- Management of weekly creditors payments and review of monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Management and mentoring the Finance Team and to ensure the smooth running of the finance function.
- To observe the strictest confidentiality at all times
- To comply with policies and practices on Health and Safety, and equal opportunities; and
- to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a finance department
- Qualified Accounting Technician or Part-Qualified Accountant or a minimum of 5 years’ experience will be accepted in lieu of a qualification
- Experience in producing monthly management accounts
- Experience of processing payroll with a working knowledge of PAYE and VAT
- Experience of using Sage Line 50/ Sage Payroll or a similar accounting/ payroll package
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, inc. intermediate or advanced excel skills
- Experience of people management
- Strong inter-personal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to mentor, motivate and encourage a small team
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing policies and procedures
- Experience of Credit Control procedures, inc. Direct Debit collections
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Salary: 22,000-27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
If you would like to apply for this role, send us your CV via the link provided or if you would like to discuss this position in absolute confidence, contact our office to speak to one of our consultants at Task Recruitment on 02890421047.